Wednesday, January 6, 2010

YUM-O!

I have fallen in love with finding recipes online...mainly on random blogs. I love getting recipes from "normal" people. Most don't use a ton of stuff you have never heard of...simple. Also a lot of the blogs I read are moms so they are all usually fast/easy recipes. About a month before our wedding I started getting very interested in cooking. Lucky for Jason that interest has continued.

These are two crockpot recipes that I tried yesterday and today.

Crockpot Pizza--WOW! This was GREAT! I'm not a huge fan of pizza but this was amazing! I didn't meausre pepperoni. I just threw some in! I also just used onion powder. I also just bought the smallest bag of the shredded cheeses and used however much looked good.

Ingredients:
12 ounces egg noodles, cooked according to package instructions and drained
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 (14 ounce) jars pizza sauce
3.5 ounces pepperoni
3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

Instructions:
1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until done. Drain. Stir in the pizza sauce and pepperoni.

2. Grease crock pot. Spread 1/3 of the meat sauce in bottom. Cover with layer of noodles, then a layer of the cheeses. Repeat layers twice.

3. Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours or until heated through and cheeses are melted

Slow Cooker Honey Chicken-This was so good with some mashed potatoes! I bought a pack of thinly cut chicken breasts and it did ok but next time I will use normal sized ones. It doesn't even have to be 6. However many you want would work. I also just used garlic powder and worchestire sauce instead of soy sauce.

Ingredients
6 chicken breasts
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups honey
1/3 cup ketchup
1 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup oil
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
Directions
1.Combine ingredients in slow cooker.
2.Cover; cook on Low 7-8 hours or High 3-4 hours.

0 comments: