Monday, December 21, 2009

Am I Really Still Up!?

It is 1 AM! and I'm still sitting here pretty much wide awake. When Hannah was tiny she was a VERY set schedule of feeding every 3 hours. She was on bottles so I always had bottles set out and ready to go. She was such a good baby and barely made any noise even though she was hungry so I had to set my alarm to wake me up every 3 hours. I got very used to going to bed early and getting up early. Eventually Hannah started sleeping in late...like 9-10am. It was heaven! So of course eventually I started staying up late at night. Now my poor body is scheduled to stay awake long after it should be sleeping. It's the only time of day I can just sit here and do absolutely nothing but what I want to do...usually reading on the Internet.

Today has been a yucky day. The weather around here has been nasty the past few days and today is was finally sunny and decently warm and I had a headache all day. I hate to admit but Hannah and myself slept most of the morning away. She ate her breakfast and played for a little while but eventually we ended up sleeping. I think she can sense when I don't feel good because I was laying on the couch watching her play and she would come put her head down next to mine and just lay there. She is so sweet!

On a funny note, the other night I was making quesadillas for supper. Hannah is the BEST eater and thinks that if food is present then she should be eating it. So after about 5 minutes of her screaming and whining to be in the kitchen with the food I finally caved(I had a headache that night too) which is rare because usually I can totally ignore her if I know she is only making all the noise to get attention especially if it's while I'm in the kitchen. I brought her highchair into the kitchen and put her in it. She was heaven!

0 comments: