Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Today was awesome! I haven't been this excited over Christmas in a long time. I could barely go to sleep last night! I was up early and eventually I couldn't take any longer...I had to wake Hannah up! She walked in and saw her Barbie sticking out of her stocking and just stoof there in awe....even though she has found her like 5 time since I bought her after Thanksgiving! After emptying her stocking we headed for the presents. She was still a little sleepy and didn't realize she was allowed to tear all of that paper up! Eventually she got into the swing of things. I'm doing this post without pictures because I haven't looked at my camera yet. My photo camera died this morning after about 4 picures and I didn't have any batteries so we did a lot of video instead.

We headed to my parents' house around 9:30am and it was kind of weird having to schedule in the time to go to my parents' house and having to drive there. This is my first Christmas away from my parents and it was kind of odd but good. I have been making goodies to take to their house since Wednesday and I was so excited to have everyone try everything I made. I made French Toast Casserole, Millionaire Shortbread, and White Chocolate Fudge. The fudge was a surprise for my mom. She doesn't like cocoa chocolate. She only likes white chocolate. When we got to my parents', I grabbed Hannah, her bag, and a present and Jason was carrying all the food. It was so funny because Jason made it half way to the table to set it down and he dropped the French Toast Casserole in the floor! I tried to flip in right side up with my mind but of course it landed upside down. I just laughed. Thankfully the flood had been cleaned so we slid a cookie sheet under to keep everything in place and flipped it over and it was okay. My mom said, "If that's the worst that happens today then we are doing good." Amen.

Presents were fun because I was so curious what I had gotten. I never really told my mom anything that I thought she would actually buy but I got things that I love! I'm going to try and post pictures of everything Hannah and I received including the gifts Jason and I got for Hannah. He and I didn't exchange gifts because we just didn't want to. We wanted to enjoy our time with Hannah and focus on her instead.

Here is everything we received:






The lamp is actually for Hannah's room but somehow it was given to me with my name on it. I appreciate it nonetheless. :-) I also bought two wall hangings at Hobby Lobby on Black Friday with Mom's money for part of my Christmas present.


LOVE this table! I bought it on Black Friday for Hannah and I only paid $19! I found one the other day at Wal-Mart and it was priced $45. No way would I have bought it for that much. It is so cute and just right for Hannah's age.


This was from my mom and dad. It is probably by far my favorite toy that Hannah has ever had. It is so neat the things it does. It comes with a USB cord and there is a program online for it. You program your child's name, favorite food, color, and music. It sings songs with their name! I love anything personalized!


LOVE this! For some reason Winnie the Pooh has been the theme around Hannah since before she was born. Her nursery at my parents' house was all Pooh. I just love it. This movie is the old Pooh(not the new My Friends Tigger and Pooh) and that's why I love it so much. The new TV show is too animated for me. I love this old hand drawn animation.


We are hoping this will deter Hannah from trying to bang on my laptop.

There is probably a ton of other things I didn't put on here but these were just some of the things I was most excited about. I always like seeing what other people get for their kids. We had such an awesome day with/without the gifts!

0 comments: